You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
Wanaka A&P Show organisers yesterday decided to press ahead with staging the latest annual show, despite continued uncertainty about Covid-19 alert levels.
The not-for-profit organisers of the show could go ahead ‘‘thanks to the overwhelming generosity of a huge percentage of valued trade exhibitors, sponsors and funders’’ who had pledged support, organisers said.
The organisers had gained the financial amount required for the show’s board to allow the show to continue as planned, event manager Jane Stalker announced last night.
However, the show could not be held in Alert Level 2, so organisers could not operate unless the Government moved the level back to Level 1, Mrs Stalker said.
After last night’s crucial board meeting, show event manager Jane Stalker said she was ‘‘truly grateful’’ for the strong backing delivered by trade exhibitors, sponsors and funders, who had earlier been asked to waive their right to site fee refunds if the show had to be cancelled under any further Alert Level 2 restrictions.
‘‘We know how much it means to you all,’’ Mrs Stalker added.
She had been ‘‘humbled’’ by the strong support that had been given towards the continuation of the show, on March 12 and 13, despite pandemic uncertainties.
Assuming that the South Island returned to Alert Level 1 on Sunday, and the show could go ahead as planned, she assured the public that all Covid-19 safety requirements from the Ministry of Health would be adhered to.