You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
Check out whats happening in the Catlins this summer. A wide range of events for the whole family.
- Outdoor Bowls Day - Tokanui, Contact Yvonne Leith, (03) 2468 856
- Kaka Point Big Dig & Sand Sculpturing, 12pm
- Wood Chopping-Bushcraft Day, See the best woodchoppers in action. Tokanui Tavern. 11.00 am start. BBQ to follow. Denise Conlon, Ph (03) 2468 725
- Curio Bay Big Dig, Community fundraising event. Greta Buckingham, Ph (03) 2468 425
- Kaka Point New Years Eve Family Beach Party, "Raging Bull" playing 8pm to 12.15am, Bonfire being lit at 9.45pm, Donation for the event would be appreciated
- Papatowai Beach Carnival, An annual Beach Carnival with fun for all the family.
- New Year's Eve Hoe Down, Locals and visitors get together to see in the New Year at Niagara Hall. Januaryice Broad - (03) 2469 566, Marylyn Hayes - (03) 2468 446
- Catlins Heritage Tour, Catlins Heritage Tour taking in Tawanui and Ratanui with local commentary. Beginning at 1.30pm and lasting 2 - 3 hours. $20 per car, $10 per person on bus. Afternoon tea at museum included in price. Contact John Burgess 4158 293 or Finlay Abernethy (03) 415 8235.
- Beach Market Day at Kaka Point, 10am- 2.30pm, Grass area beside the hall on The Esplanade, Stalls include - fresh produce, gourmet pies, pottery, artworks, plants, bonecarving, photographs ,jewelery, clothing crafts, mosaics and BBQ
Contact Pauline Simpson (03) 412 8783
- Clutha Country Summer Series - Tri Athlon, 1.30pm Start, Contact Tiny Carruthers 027 4367 174
- Bluegrass Music Festival - Niagara Falls Café. For enquiries please contact: Music - Steven Hayes on (03) 2468 446 or email:email@example.com
Camping - Steven Hayes on (03) 2468 446 or Alton McDonald (03) 217 5608 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stalls, entertainment and restaurant, bookings please call Niagara Falls Cafe (03) 2468 577 or email email@example.com
- The Catlins Great Escape Coastal Walk, Coastal Walk from Nugget Point to Newhaven, contact Kim Dodds, (03) 415 8954, 027 533 7876, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robbie Burns Scottish Night Hoe Down - Niagara Hall, Look out the tartan and come and celebrate Robbie Burns birthday at Niagara Hall. 8pm.
Enquiries Januaryice Broad - 03 2469 566 or Steven Hayes 2468 446
- Kaka Point District Picnic,Wilsher Bay Domain - Midday, Donation at gate
3 legged races, egg & spoon races, running races and many more, Judging of Spud Competition for KPSLSC
- Papatowai Challenge, The Papatowai Challenge is a pre-season fun run and walk from a holiday home in the Catlins. It is signposted at the south end of Tahakopa River Bridge Papatowai. Runners must be 13 years & over. Papatowai is located approximately two hours from Dunedin and twenty-five minutes south of Owaka. The Southern Scenic Route is now fully sealed. The Papatowai Challenge is run over the measured distance of 15.5 km and is over a varied scenic course of well formed bush tracks, beach running and local roads. For more information contact Wayne Allen 03 454 4863, email@example.com
18th - 26th March
- Edge of the World Mixed Media Art Exhibition - Waikawa Hall. Local and outside artists exhibit a vibrant range of works. Small door charge. 9.00 am - 5.00 pm daily. For more details contact: Januaryice Broad - 03 2469 566 or Cala Paenga - 03 2468 434
- Tokanui Big Rock Cougars - Progress Valley. A motorbike trail ride for keen motorbike enthusiasts. Contact Sarah McLean, Ph 03 2468 781
23th - 25th March
- The Catlins Canter - Owaka. An annual two day horse trek hosted by the Owaka Lions Club. Warren Burgess, Owaka Lions Club, 03 415 8019