One serious after Dunedin deep fryer fire

A fire caused by a deep fryer this afternoon has left one person with serious injuries.

A Fire and Emergency New Zealand spokesman said it was called to reports of a fire on Hillhead Rd property in Corstophine at 1.45pm.

Two appliances from Lookout Pt and St Kilda attended and upon arrival the fire was out, but one person had suffered burns.

The spokesman said deep fryers usually had lids which could be closed to prevent fires from spreading.

A St John spokesman said one person was taken to Dunedin Hospital with serious injuries.

Add a Comment

Our journalists are your neighbours

We are the South's eyes and ears in crucial council meetings, at court hearings, on the sidelines of sporting events and on the frontline of breaking news.

As our region faces uncharted waters in the wake of a global pandemic, Otago Daily Times continues to bring you local stories that matter.

We employ local journalists and photographers to tell your stories, as other outlets cut local coverage in favour of stories told out of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.

You can help us continue to bring you local news you can trust by becoming a supporter.

Become a Supporter