You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
A person received treatment from paramedics after a kitchen fire in the Dunedin suburb of Calton Hill this evening.
Firefighters using breathing apparatus quickly extinguished the blaze, in a house on South Rd, after being alerted at 5.19pm, a Fire and Emergency New Zealand spokesman said.
One person received treatment from a St John crew but was not seriously injured, emergency services said.
The fire, in a kitchen extractor fan, was confined to the kitchen, the spokesman said.
An appliance from Lookout Point and another from St Kilda attended.