Dunedin man hospitalised after shirt catches fire while using gas hob

A man has been taken to hospital after his shirt caught fire while he was using a gas hob.  Photo: Getty Images
A man has been taken to hospital after his shirt caught fire while he was using a gas hob. Photo: Getty Images
A Dunedin man has been taken to hospital after his shirt caught fire while he was using a gas hob.

A Fire and Emergency New Zealand spokesperson said they were called to a property in Broad Bay, along with St John, just before 7pm.

He said it appears the man was using a gas hob when the flame has come out and caught his shirt on fire.

The spokesperson said the man was transported to hospital - but he was unable to provide any details about his condition.

He said one fire crew attended the scene.

 

drivesouth-pow-classic-2.png

Our journalists are your neighbours

We are the South's eyes and ears in crucial council meetings, at court hearings, on the sidelines of sporting events and on the frontline of breaking news.

As our region faces uncharted waters in the wake of a global pandemic, Otago Daily Times continues to bring you local stories that matter.

We employ local journalists and photographers to tell your stories, as other outlets cut local coverage in favour of stories told out of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.

You can help us continue to bring you local news you can trust by becoming a supporter.

Become a Supporter

Dunedin