You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
Last year the authority moved from a pool system to a process whereby the authority directly sets the level of remuneration.
Under the new system, councillors and community board members are paid a base salary and those with extra responsibilities or undertaking extra work flowing from the district plan process receive extra.
The amount paid is determined by the authority assessing each council's ''size index'' and general wage growth. Remuneration is reviewed annually.
Councillors have been asked to note the increase at today's council meeting.
Pay rises 2014-15
Pay (and % increase)
• Mayor $146,250, incl. vehicle allowance (3%)
• Deputy mayor $65,650 (2.8%)
• Committee chairman $60,600 (2.8%)
• Councillor $50,500 (2.8%)
• Community Board chairmen (population based) $14,000 (0%) - $17,400 (2.7%)
• Community Board members $7000 (0%) - $8700 (2.4%)