Stadium submissions drop by 494

The Forsyth Barr Stadium has waned spectacularly as a subject for those making annual-plan submissions to the Dunedin City Council this year.

Last year, the stadium was the subject of 500 submissions, and almost half of those who spoke took on the subject.

This year, council policy analyst Jane Nevill said six submissions were about the stadium: three for, and three against.

Submissions have now closed; 739 were received and 183 people wished to talk.

Last year, more than 800 submissions were made, and 240 people wished to speak.

Topics popular this year included the Botanic Garden redevelopment and Lovelock Ave realignment; access to Signal Hill reserve for mountain biking, and changes to the rating method for lifestyle properties, Ms Nevill said.

Public hearings begin on May 3.

 

Add a Comment

Our journalists are your neighbours

We are the South's eyes and ears in crucial council meetings, at court hearings, on the sidelines of sporting events and on the frontline of breaking news.

As our region faces uncharted waters in the wake of a global pandemic, Otago Daily Times continues to bring you local stories that matter.

We employ local journalists and photographers to tell your stories, as other outlets cut local coverage in favour of stories told out of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.

You can help us continue to bring you local news you can trust by becoming a supporter.

Become a Supporter