Band sought for New Year’s Eve

The DCC is searching for a band with wide audience appeal for the New Year's Eve performance....
The DCC is searching for a band with wide audience appeal for the New Year's Eve performance. Photo ODT
There will be no X-Factor or Pop Idol-style competitions to find a band to perform at Dunedin’s 2017 New Year’s Eve concert in the Octagon.

Marilyn Anderson.
Marilyn Anderson.

Instead, there will just be a call for applications, Dunedin City Council community events co-ordinator Marilyn Anderson said.

"Bands looking to audition need to supply examples of their music and information about the gigs they have done.

"Detailed information on what is needed for the audition and what is expected can be found at www.dunedin.govt.nz/supportband2017."

Ms Anderson said the council was searching for a band that offered wide audience appeal.

"We are looking for a band which doesn’t just play music, but really engages the audience and can entertain a large crowd."

She said a selection panel, made up of people of different ages and experience, had been established and would shortlist applications before running blind auditions for up to six interested bands.

The band will be expected to play from 8pm to 10pm.

Applications close on September 22.

john.lewis@odt.co.nz

Add a Comment

 

Advertisement