You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
No-one will be prosecuted in relation to the death of a Maniototo man following a tree-trimming incident in Ranfurly in January, a WorkSafe spokesman has confirmed.
A WorkSafe investigation into the incident had been completed and WorkSafe would not be prosecuting any parties in relation to the incident, the spokesman said yesterday.
As the matter was now before the coroner, no further detail could be provided.
The 59-year-old Maniototo man was killed while trimming a tree in Ranfurly on January 26.
Central Otago sub-area supervisor Senior Sergeant Clint Wright said at the time emergency services were called to a Davies St property about 11.30am.
The man had fallen while trimming a tree on someone else's property and died before emergency services arrived.
No chainsaw was involved in the incident, he said.
Police did not release the man's name.
At the time a WorkSafe spokesman said the incident had happened at a business address, but provided no other information.