One treated for smoke inhalation in Invercargill

One person is being treated for smoke inhalation after a pot on a stove caused a house to fill with smoke in Invercargill.

A Fire and Emergency spokesman said they were called at 8.10pm to Dublin St, to reports of a smoke-logged home.

Two fire crews from Invercargill attended.

There was no sign of fire, and one person was left with St John to be treated for smoke inhalation, the spokesman said.

Crews left shortly after 8.30pm. 

Add a Comment

Local journalism matters - now more than ever

As the Covid-19 pandemic brings the world into uncharted waters, Otago Daily Times reporters and photographers continue to bring you the stories that matter. For more than 158 years our journalists have provided readers with local news you can trust. This is more important now than ever.

As advertising drops off during the pandemic, support from our readers is crucial. You can help us continue to bring you news you can trust by becoming a supporter.

Become a Supporter