You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
One year to the day since a multimillion-dollar overspend on the Forsyth Barr Stadium was confirmed, the Dunedin City Council is preparing to reveal the lessons learned from the project.
Council chief executive Paul Orders yesterday told the Otago Daily Times issues arising from the PricewaterhouseCoopers review of stadium spending would soon form part of a pre-election report to councillors.
The report - a requirement since changes to the Local Government Act in 2010 - would consider the impact of major projects dealt with by the council in recent years, and any lessons learned, he said.
That would include the controversial stadium project, given the significance of the PWC report's findings, he said.
''The PWC report was one of the milestone reports published by the council over recent years, so clearly, its significance will needto be reflected in my pre-election report.''
Mr Orders' report would be given to councillors by August 2, and made public before the local body elections in October, he said.
His comments came after PWC staff concluded a major study into stadium costs on May 11 last year by revealing an $8.4 million overspend, together with $18 million in interest not previously included in construction costs.
The overruns, unauthorised spending and interest together pushed the total cost of the stadium up from $198 million to $224.4 million.
PWC director Stephen Drain said at the time responsibility for authorising the overspend lay with the council's ''management executive''.
Mr Orders - then only months into his new role - was asked at the time if heads should roll, but said he needed time to study the findings ''coolly and calmly''.
There has been no public comment on the report's findings since then.