You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
The parked Toyota Caldina station wagon was extensively damaged in the fire, which was believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.
The owner, who did not wish to be identified, said he was sitting in the uninsured vehicle when it began to fill with smoke.
''I got straight out and called the fire brigade on my cellphone,'' he said.
A Fire Service spokesman described the fire as ''one of those freak electrical things''.