You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
Duncan Boswell, whose father Frederick Boswell, fought at Gallipoli, applied for a pass to the event but missed out.
He said only 25 of the 193 children of Gallipoli veterans were provided with a pass initially, although shortly after Mr Boswell complained to the Otago Daily Times last month
Minister of Veterans' Affairs Michael Woodhouse announced another 35 double passes were being allocated to the children of veterans.
Mr Boswell said yesterday he was resigned to the fact he would not be present at Gallipoli but believed the Government's allocation process still needed to be examined by the Ombudsman.
''I think I have a fair case to go to the Ombudsman because an injustice has taken place and I think the department concerned has been remiss.
''Hopefully they will investigate for me and find some things may be improved in future.''
''That is the basis of my claim.
''The original Government policy was that they would be and then they did a complete about-face on that policy.''
He expected the Ombudsman could find inconsistencies, weaknesses or ''major failings'' in the ministry.
Mr Boswell said he had emailed Mr Woodhouse on April 22 outlining his concerns but had not received a reply.
A spokeswoman for Mr Woodhouse told the ODT on Tuesday Mr Boswell would receive a reply ''soon''.
Mr Woodhouse had no comment to make on the involvement of the Ombudsman.