Some primary and secondary schools are governed by school zones.

All children who live in the school's area (the zone) are guaranteed a place at the school.

If the school has extra places at the beginning of the school year, children living outside the zone can apply for one of them.

If the school is zoned, you need to give an address within the zone, which must be your usual place of residence. If the school finds that you have given false information, they may cancel your child's enrolment.