You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
The 921-hectare Balclutha-based campus provides students with a unique view of what their future could hold within their chosen industry upon graduation.
In addition to halls of residence, Telford has a wide variety of facilities, including technical workshops (machinery, carpentry and welding), classrooms and livestock units.
Students gain real-life, practical training under the supervision of experienced tutors and farm managers in an agriculturally based environment.
This year, Telford will be offering the following courses:
- New Zealand Certificate in Animal Technology (Level 5) (Rural Animal Technician).
- Farming Systems and Equipment – programme of study that leads to the New Zealand Certificate in Agriculture (Level 3) and the New Zealand Certificate in Primary Industry Operational Skills (Level 3).
- Sporthorse Care and Equipment – programme of study that leads to the New Zealand Certificate in Equine Skills (Level 3) (Sporthorse Stable Assistant strand) and the New Zealand Certificate in Primary Industry Operational Skills (Level 3).
- New Zealand Certificate in Animal Care (Level 3) (Lifestyle Block context). New Zealand Certificate in Animal Technology (Level 5) (Rural Animal Technician).
- New Zealand Certificate in Apiculture (Level3) (Zero Fees Scheme) – blended delivery with block workshops.
- Massey Diploma in Agriculture (Level 5) (non-Zero Fees Scheme). Massey Foundation Certificate in Agriculture (Level 4) (non-Zero Fees Scheme).
Telford students are also eligible to apply for SIT’s innovative Zero Fees Scheme, offered in addition to the Government’s Fees Free policy given to first-time tertiary students for their first year of study (if studying at a tertiary education organisation).
Under the scheme, SIT will cover your tuition fees if you are a New Zealand citizen, resident, or permanent resident living in New Zealand throughout your study.
All you pay are the direct material costs associated with your course.
If you are a person who enjoys a practical hands-on approach to learning, and you love the outdoors, visit www.telford.ac.nz for further information on their range of courses, or phone 0800-835-367.