Firefighters called to chimney fire

PHOTO: LINDA ROBERTSON
PHOTO: LINDA ROBERTSON
A fireman was spotted swathed in smoke on the roof of a Dunedin home after three fire engines attended a chimney fire late yesterday afternoon.

A Fire and Emergency New Zealand spokesman said it was called to the fire in Frasers Rd, Kaikorai Valley, about 4.30pm, and the fire was well established when firefighters arrived.

Clouds of smoke billowed from the property before crews could bring the blaze under control.

One person was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.

Add a Comment

Our journalists are your neighbours

We are the South's eyes and ears in crucial council meetings, at court hearings, on the sidelines of sporting events and on the frontline of breaking news.

As our region faces uncharted waters in the wake of a global pandemic, Otago Daily Times continues to bring you local stories that matter.

We employ local journalists and photographers to tell your stories, as other outlets cut local coverage in favour of stories told out of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.

You can help us continue to bring you local news you can trust by becoming a supporter.

Become a Supporter