You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
Aurora Energy has postponed more pole replacement work as severe weather blasts the South.
After postponing work on its fast track pole replacement programme on Tuesday and Wednesday, Aurora announced it would also cancel work planned for Thursday.
In a press release, the company said areas which would have been affected by Thursday's planned outages include Alexandra, Mosgiel, St Kilda and Andersons Bay in Dunedin.
Areas which would have been affected by power cuts on Wednesday were in Alexandra and the Dunedin suburbs of Kenmure, Concord and Broad Bay.
Areas which would have been affected by power cuts on Tuesday included Central Dunedin, Ravensbourne and Sawyers Bay.
All cancelled outages would be rescheduled and electricity retailers notified 10 days in advance.
Aurora said regular updates would be put on its website and Facebook page.
The company was continuing to warn customers to be ready for the possibility of unplanned power outages due to severe weather.
"We understand the inconvenience that service interruptions cause and we will be working hard to restore power to affected customers as soon as is safely possible.''
People should also be prepared for the possibility of electricity-related hazards and unplanned power outages, in particular:
- Always keep well clear of fallen power lines or damaged electrical equipment.
- Watch out for falling tree branches as these can damage power lines.
- If a power outage occurs, switch appliances off at the wall to avoid possible damage to them when power is restored.
- To prepare for power outages, people should make sure they had adequate food supplies, warm clothing and bedding, a torch and spare batteries, battery radio and an alternative source of heating and cooking.
- People using medical equipment that relied on electricity should ensure they were prepared for power disruptions and if there was an immediate health threat, contact their health provider or call 111.