You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
An elderly man has been seriously injured after his shirt caught fire while using a grinder in Central Hawkes Bay.
The Lowe Corporation Rescue Helicopter were called to the incident at Waipukurau, at 10am.
The 84-year-old was suffering serious burns, a helicopter spokeswoman said.
He was taken by ambulance to the Waipukurau Aerodrome where he was flown by rescue helicopter to Hawke's Bay Regional Hospital for further treatment.