You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
A south Auckland high school was evacuated this morning after a digger hit a gas main on its grounds.
A Fire Service spokesman said emergency services were called to Sancta Maria College on Te Irirangi Drive in Flat Bush about 10.20am.
The gas leak caused the school's alarms to activate and the school was evacuated.
No one was hurt.
Firefighters remained at the scene while Vector contractors made there was to the scene to seal the leak.
Sancta Maria College is a year 7 to 13 co-ed Catholic school.