Waitaki Boys' to consider report

Cleave Hay
Cleave Hay
A report on issues facing Waitaki Boys' High School has been finished and it is up to the school's board of trustees tonight to decide what happens next.

The independent report was commissioned by the board earlier this month, with a deadline of the end of this month for completion.

It asked Dunedin-based consultant Cleave Hay, who has extensive experience in looking at education management and with the New Zealand School Trustees' Association, to prepare the report.

The move followed issues raised by parents, former teachers and others in the school community about what was happening at the school overall, questioning administration and management.

They were made to the Ministry of Education, which referred them back to the board.

Yesterday, Mr Cleave said the report had been sent to the board on Friday, with a copy also going to the Ministry of Education.

He could not indicate what was in the report or its conclusions.

It was now up to the board to decide whether to accept the report and how it might act on it.

Board chairman Garry McLeod said the board would consider the report at a meeting tonight with the public excluded, to protect the privacy of individuals.

Mr Cleave would brief the board, then decisions would be made on what to do.

-david.bruce@odt.co.nz

Add a Comment