You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
• 9am: The Queenstown Farmers Market begins its summer season with 12 to 15 stalls offering fresh seasonal fruit and vegetables, breads, pastries, free-range eggs, honey, farm bacon, cheeses, salmon, gourmet sausages, coffee, sweet and sour crepes and empanadas, plus live music, until 12.30pm.
• 11am: The Arrowtown Community Pool will be open from today until the end of February, from 11am until 6pm, every day except Christmas Day and New Year's Eve.
• 2pm: Taos Soul plays live with DJ Pops and Turbohag, bringing the summer vibe to Relaunch of the Red Rock Bar and Cafe from 2pm on. R18. Free.
• Noon: Dress to impress at the ever-popular Cromwell Christmas at the Races, hosted by the Otago Racing Club. Entertainment throughout the day includes live music by recording singer-songwriter Vickie Evans, sheep racing, children's activities and the Punters Club. Prizes for the Best-Dressed Lady and Best-Dressed Man. This year's Fashion in the Field theme is "Simply Red". Gates open 10.30am. Adult admission $10, children under 18 free.
• 1pm: Seats are still available for the second annual Arrowtown Long Lunch, where a dozen eateries cook and serve food to diners seated at tables arranged down the middle of the closed Buckingham St. Seats start from $35 per person, depending on the restaurant. To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 4pm: The Shotover Jet Christmas Spectacular launches the Queenstown Lakes district's festivities with Father Christmas and cast on stage at the Queenstown Events Centre.
Tickets cost $15 per adult and $5 per child, from the events centre, Queenstown i-Site visitor centre and Ticketek.