Roslyn Wakari puts six past Mosgiel

Roslyn Wakari ended up a dominant winner over Mosgiel with a big second-half showing at Memorial Park.

The first half was a combative and tight affair, as both sides adjusted to the heavy pitch. Roslyn opened the scoring when Cam Anderson’s corner ricocheted in off Mosgiel’s unsuspecting Cam McPhail.

Riley Anderton was denied an equaliser by a smart close-range reflex foot save from Roslyn’s keeper Tom Stevens soon after. Roslyn started to take control of the game, looking the more comfortable side, but was denied by Mosgiel’s custodian Ryan Clarke, who made a couple of good saves to ensure it stayed 1-0 at the break.

In the second half, Mosgiel’s Anderton, McPhail and Coldicott linked well, and Roslyn weathered a period of pressure. Tennessee Kinghorn then ran down the left and delivered a ball at the far post for Nathan Wilkie, who blasted in from close range to make it 2-0.

Minutes later Kinghorn again found space, this time one-on-one with Clarke, who took Kinghorn down as he went to round him. Kinghorn scored from the resulting penalty. Alex Cox made it 4-0 with a well-placed shot into the far post from the edge of the box. Nick Treadwell kept up his goalscoring form after he got on the end of another low-driven Kinghorn cross from the left. Cam Anderson also got on the score sheet after coolly slotting home with his left. Riley Anderton managed a consolation goal for Mosgiel in the dying minutes  for a final score of 6-1.

Green Island started strongly against Northern, with good forward passing moves leading to Max Johnston opening the scoring on 12 minutes after he volleyed a flick-on in the box past keeper Levi Waddington. Northern replied five minutes later when Harry Fraser scored. Island’s Chris Kessell suffered an ankle injury and was replaced by Matt Milton; a few minutes after coming on, he ran on to a floated through ball, which he volleyed into the bottom corner on 19 minutes.  Green Island had more possession in the second 45, resulting in four more goals. Cody Robinson chipped the keeper to make it 3-1 on 52 minutes.

Northern replaced En Watanabe with Louis Corkhill, and a minute later he was on the score sheet to reduce the deficit to 3-2 in the 53rd minute.

A flurry of goals in a five-minute spell killed the game. A well-taken left-footed shot by Lewis Wall made it 4-2 with 17 minutes left.

Youngster Genta Kojima hit past Waddington on 76 minutes, and two minutes later Cody Robinson Sinclair ghosted in to make it 6-2.

University would be the happier of the two sides after a dour 0-0 draw with Caversham.

Add a Comment