You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
The national strokeplay championships are set to go ahead this weekend in Christchurch.
NZ Golf said after much consideration and consultation a decision had been made to continue with the four-round tournament for men and women.
The event will start tomorrow at the Christchurch Golf Club.
NZ Golf said it had taken advice from Sport New Zealand, the Christchurch City Council, the Christchurch police, Christchurch Golf Club, Canterbury Golf, participating players and staff, and all were supportive of the championship going ahead.
NZ Golf said the decision had not been made lightly and, after taking careful advice from the above parties, it felt the golfing community could show its support to the Canterbury and Muslim community by continuing to host the event in Christchurch.
NZ Golf will take the opportunity to ensure that all competitors and officials at the tournament pay due respect to those who lost their lives by observing a minute's silence. Black ribbons will be made available to all players tomorrow morning and competitors will be encouraged to attend the Thursday evening memorial service to be held at Cathedral Square tomorrow night.
If competitors wish to withdraw from the event they will be refunded their entry fee.