You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
6 egg whites
1 ½½ cups sugar
1 Tbsp cornflour
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp white vinegar
½ pineapple, peeled, sliced ½ cm
¼ honeydew melon, sliced thinly
1 kiwifruit, chopped
200ml cream, whipped
½ cup lime or lemon curd (optional)
2 tsp toasted black sesame seeds
1. Preheat an oven to 160degC.
2. Line 3 oven trays with paper and draw 22cm circles on each.
3. To make the meringue, beat the egg whites until stiff and glossy. Slowly add the sugar a quarter of a cup at a time, beating until smooth. Add the cornflour, vanilla and vinegar, beating for 5 minutes. Divide the mixture into the three circles, spreading evenly. Place into the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes then turn off and leave to cool. If need be, swap the pavlova around in the oven halfway through for even cooking.
4. Chargrill the pineapple on a barbecue or frying pan until golden. Let cool.
5. To build the pavlova stack, place one meringue on a serving platter. Top with a third of the cream, a little lime curd if using, some pineapple pieces, then place the next meringue on top, and repeat. On the top layer, add the remaining pineapple, melon, kiwifruit and sprinkle over the sesame seeds.