Big fire at satay restaurant in Kaikorai Valley Rd


A woman has suffered burns to her hands after a fire at the Satay Station restaurant in Kaikorai Valley Rd tonight.

A person at the scene said a woman had been cooking chips when the fire started at 6.20pm and she was burned.

Five fire appliances and an ambulance were sent to the two-storey building, which was well alight when they arrived.

A couple driving past stopped when they saw smoke coming from the building at 178 Kaikorai Valley Rd, near the intersection with Brockville Rd.

The man ran around the side of the building and turned off gas bottles.

The couple then saw a woman and a child coming out of the restaurant, and went to help them, fetching some water from a nearby shop to pour on the woman's burns until the ambulance arrived.

A St John spokesman said two people were treated at the scene for minor injuries.

Crews were called to the scene about 6.20pm. Photo: Craig Baxter
Crews were called to the scene about 6.20pm. Photo: Craig Baxter
Fire communications shift manager Andrew Norris said Fire and Emergency was alerted at 6.20pm to the blaze, which was in a large building, about 60m x 40m, and was spreading from downstairs to the second storey.

The fire had not threatened other buildings, he said.

It was contained by 7pm and by 9pm was out.

 

Add a Comment

640x20.png

Advertising Feature

1_mega-carousel_header_091219.jpg

1_mega-carousel_footer_091219.jpg

 

xmas_guide_640x95.jpg

christmas-2019-300px-her.jpgchristmas-2019-300px-him.jpgchristmas-2019-300px-family.jpgchristmas-2019-300px-kids.jpg