Van driven into people at Dutch concert, killing one

Bruno Mars is keen to keep pushing and experimenting. Photo by Reuters.
Bruno Mars. Photo by Reuters.
A van struck four people at a Dutch concert in the early hours of Monday (local time) morning, killing one and injuring three, hours after R&B artist Bruno Mars had performed, police said.

A police statement said the vehicle drove away from the scene and is being sought. Other media reports described the vehicle as a small white bus.

The incident took place at the "PinkPop" concert, a popular festival being held in Limburg province in the south of the Netherlands.

A police statement said the street where the incident took place, one of two exits from the concert grounds, had been closed for investigation.

"The bus is being sought," the statement said.

An alert service sent by emergency authorities to cell phones in the area warned people to be alert for a Fiat Doblo with the number 257 as part of its licence plate.

RTL news reported that a trauma helicopter, ambulances and a heavy police presence were at the scene.

Bruno Mars was the headline act that closed the three-day concert on Sunday night, hours before the incident took place.

Add a Comment

drivesouth-pow-generic-1.png

 

Advertisement

postanote_header_620_x_80.png

postanote_620_x_25.jpg

Our journalists are your neighbours

We are the South's eyes and ears in crucial council meetings, at court hearings, on the sidelines of sporting events and on the frontline of breaking news.

As our region faces uncharted waters in the wake of a global pandemic, Otago Daily Times continues to bring you local stories that matter.

We employ local journalists and photographers to tell your stories, as other outlets cut local coverage in favour of stories told out of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.

You can help us continue to bring you local news you can trust by becoming a supporter.

Become a Supporter