Gas issue at Gore sports venue resolved

A reported gas leak at the Gore Multisports Complex has been resolved.

A Fire and Emergency New Zealand spokesman said firefighters were called to the Robertson St site at 12.40pm today, after an alarm activation and reports of the smell of gas.

Two crews went to the complex, which had been evacuated.

There was a smell of some kind of refrigeration gas and crews were trying to determine where it was coming from, the spokesman said.

Power at the facility had been isolated and oxygen levels were showing as normal by 3pm, so firefighters were preparing to pack up and leave, he said. 

 

Add a Comment

 

Advertisement

postanote_header_620_x_80.png

postanote_620_x_25.jpg

drivesouth-pow-generic-1.png

Our journalists are your neighbours

We are the South's eyes and ears in crucial council meetings, at court hearings, on the sidelines of sporting events and on the frontline of breaking news.

As our region faces uncharted waters in the wake of a global pandemic, Otago Daily Times continues to bring you local stories that matter.

We employ local journalists and photographers to tell your stories, as other outlets cut local coverage in favour of stories told out of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.

You can help us continue to bring you local news you can trust by becoming a supporter.

Become a Supporter