Van consumed by flames at Wanaka lakefront

The fire brigade was called to fire after 9.15am. Photo: Ryan Murray
The fire brigade was called to fire after 9.30am. Photo: Ryan Murray
Firefighters rush to put out a van in flames at Pembroke Park in Wanaka. Photo: Ryan Murray
Firefighters rush to put out a van in flames at the lakefront at Wanaka. Photo: Ryan Murray
No-one was injured. It is understood the fire started while the rental van's occupants were cooking. Photo: Ryan Murray
No-one was injured. It is understood the fire started while the rental van's occupants were cooking. Photo: Ryan Murray

A van being used by campers has gone up in flames at the Lake Wanaka lakefront on Ardmore St this morning.

The fire brigade was called to the fire after 9.30am.

It is understood the fire started while the rental van's occupants were cooking.

Appliances from Wanaka and Luggate attended the fire, a Fire Service spokesman said.

The campervan was "well involved'' on arrival.

It was extinguished without incident and no-one was injured as a result of the fire, he said.

 

 

Advertisement

postanote_header_620_x_80.png

postanote_620_x_25.jpg