You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
The Holden brand will disappear at the end of the year after its owner General Motors announced it will no longer make cars suitable for New Zealand roads.
GM International Operations Senior Vice President Julian Blissett revealed that the American brand has made the difficult decision to finally close the doors at struggling Holden.
"Through its proud 160-year history, Holden has not only made cars, it has been a powerful driver of the industrialisation and advancement of Australia and New Zealand," said Blissett.
General Motors announced on Monday it would stop producing right-hand drive vehicles.
"After comprehensive assessment, we regret that we could not prioritise the investment required for Holden to be successful for the long term in Australia and New Zealand, over all other considerations we have globally," said Blissett.
"This decision is based on global priorities and does not reflect the hard work, talent and professionalism of the Holden team."
Holden customers' warranties and servicing offers made at time of sale will still be honoured.
Holden will also provide servicing and spare parts for at least 10 years, through national aftersales networks in Australia and New Zealand.
As required, Holden and its aftersales network will also continue to handle any recalls or safety-related issues if they arise, working with the appropriate governmental agencies.
Late last year the company also announced it would stop selling its most iconic car, the Commodore.