Contract release delayed

The release of the Compass Group's contract with Southern District Health Board has been delayed a second time.

Yesterday, DHB entity NZ Health Partnerships, which oversees the contract, said in a written response it would release the redacted contract and appendices by June 16.

NZ Health Partnerships released new patient satisfaction results yesterday.

A survey of 517 Southern District Health Board patients from mid-April to mid-May returned an 85% satisfaction rate.

"Compass Group has continuous improvement plans in place to lift satisfaction rates even higher over the coming months,'' the response says.

The Otago Daily Times lodged the request for the contract in mid-April.

NZ Health Partnerships says it is also releasing a copy of its own contract with Compass.

Together, the two contracts are more than 500 pages.

The delay is partly to allow further consultation with the multinational.

Separately, recalculated financial savings figures are expected about the same time.

Because fewer boards than expected entered the controversial contract, savings might be lower than anticipated.

The health board's food service was rocked by complaints, nationwide publicity, and a public protest earlier this year because of concerns about food quality.

eileen.goodwin@odt.co.nz

Add a Comment

 

Advertisement

Our journalists are your neighbours

We are the South's eyes and ears in crucial council meetings, at court hearings, on the sidelines of sporting events and on the frontline of breaking news.

As our region faces uncharted waters in the wake of a global pandemic, Otago Daily Times continues to bring you local stories that matter.

We employ local journalists and photographers to tell your stories, as other outlets cut local coverage in favour of stories told out of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.

You can help us continue to bring you local news you can trust by becoming a supporter.

Become a Supporter