You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
The review would focus on the time between the pupil’s arrival in Dunedin on Friday, September 17, and his attendance at school on the following Monday morning, school rector Richard Hall said.
This would include him staying at the hostel on the Sunday night.
The pupil stayed with whanau in Dunedin on the two previous nights, Mr Hall has said.
In a school newsletter last week, Mr Hall said the pupil had twice tested negative for Covid-19.
He would not take part in any sporting activities happening last weekend, the newsletter said.
The pupil went into isolation away from the school and hostel on Monday last week.
Mr Hall said the circumstances around the pupil being able to leave Auckland during the city’s lockdown was outside the scope of the school’s review.
However, authorities were looking into that.
Police said they were continuing to investigate.
‘‘We need to balance the student’s privacy rights against the community’s desire to understand how the situation arose,’’ Mr Hall said in the newsletter.
‘‘The Ministry of Health has confirmed that he does not have the virus and has also confirmed that no student or staff member at either our hostel or school has been exposed.
‘‘We will continue to work with the appropriate authorities and, if necessary, will provide our community with further updates.’’