Post office protests continue

Save Dunedin Metro Post Shop and Kiwibank campaign spokesman Victor Billot prepares to send a...
Save Dunedin Metro Post Shop and Kiwibank campaign spokesman Victor Billot prepares to send a giant postcard to New Zealand Post chief executive Brian Roche. Photo by Jane Dawber.

A giant postcard is on its way to New Zealand Post chief executive Brian Roche, as the campaign continues to save the Dunedin Post Shop in the Exchange before its closure on June 23.

About 20 people attended a protest yesterday in the Octagon, calling for support from the Dunedin City Council in the campaign to save the Princes St post office from closure.

The postcard, signed by protesters, was posted from the Princes St outlet.

Save Dunedin Metro Post Shop and Kiwibank campaign spokesman Victor Billot said supporters had been "doing it all" to show New Zealand Post and the council their opposition to the shop's closure.

The campaign has collected more than 2500 petition signatures, and staged a rally, three protests and a public meeting.

- Tegan McKnight

 

 

Add a Comment

 

Advertisement

Our journalists are your neighbours

We are the South's eyes and ears in crucial council meetings, at court hearings, on the sidelines of sporting events and on the frontline of breaking news.

As our region faces uncharted waters in the wake of a global pandemic, Otago Daily Times continues to bring you local stories that matter.

We employ local journalists and photographers to tell your stories, as other outlets cut local coverage in favour of stories told out of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.

You can help us continue to bring you local news you can trust by becoming a supporter.

Become a Supporter