You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
Maniototo's arts and craft hub remains closed after being damaged by fire last week.
The Maniototo Arts Centre, in Reade St, is owned by the Central Otago District Council, which is working with insurers to determine when repairs will be made, a council statement said.
Fire risk management officer Stu Ide inspected the site last Friday and said it was an "accidental fire". One of the kilns in the building was too close to the wooden floor, he said.
"It was a three-phase kiln so used a lot of power and a lot of heat was generated. The whole floor underneath it was burnt out."
About 18 firefighters fought the blaze, which happened just over a week ago. The building is used by many community groups and hosts ceramists, potters, spinners, artists, dance groups, karate and tai-chi.
The council said the damage was confined to the back kiln room, with some smoke damage to a meeting room and the kitchen. Groups booked into the arts centre were using other council-managed facilities for their activities in the meantime.