Queenstown house fire under control

Firefighters at the scene in Queenstown. Photo Louise Scott
Firefighters at the scene in Queenstown. Photo Louise Scott
Four Queenstown fire crews have contained a house fire in Peregrine Place this morning.

Fire communications shift supervisor Riwai Grace, of Christchurch, said volunteer crews from Queenstown and Frankton were called to a chimney fire at a steep-roofed, three-storeyed house at 8.52am.

All residents have been accounted for, he said, and a fire investigator was heading to the scene.

"It started off as a chimney fire but I think because it was such a tall property it was just really hard to get into the roof," he said. 

"The fire's been contained, they're just trying to dampen down the hotspots."

Add a Comment