Submissions closing

Submissions on the Clutha District Council's draft annual plan close at 5pm on Monday.

The draft annual plan was released for public consultation on April 1.

The Otago Daily Times reported a week ago that the council had received only 20 submissions.

The Clutha District Council's communications co-ordinator, Jamie Shaw, said the council had received an influx of submissions in the past few days, as recent publicity had encouraged people to write in.

So far, there had been 100 responses regarding the Clutha Recreation Centre.

The West Otago Health Centre survey was addressed to people in the West Otago ward, and has resulted in 281 submissions being returned to the council office.

Mr Shaw said only "a handful" of submissions had been returned relating to other matters.

"There is still time for people to comment on the proposed recreation centre and/or any other issue in the draft annual plan," he said.

Verbal submissions will be heard by the council on May 20.

 

Add a Comment

drivesouth-pow-generic-1.png

Our journalists are your neighbours

We are the South's eyes and ears in crucial council meetings, at court hearings, on the sidelines of sporting events and on the frontline of breaking news.

As our region faces uncharted waters in the wake of a global pandemic, Otago Daily Times continues to bring you local stories that matter.

We employ local journalists and photographers to tell your stories, as other outlets cut local coverage in favour of stories told out of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.

You can help us continue to bring you local news you can trust by becoming a supporter.

Become a Supporter