You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
Sorry. There are no shortcuts to getting the planning for the wedding day right, whether it is a full-scale production or a smaller celebration.
Once the where and when of the wedding have been decided, and what form it will take, serious planning can begin and if it is all too daunting you should bring in a professional wedding planner.
It should be everybody's goal to see that all details are covered for the big day and any disagreements will be temporary.
A concept that the bride and groom feel comfortable with is what matters most as it is their day, no matter who pays the bills!
In Otago many churches, celebrants, photographers and venues are bookedwell over a year in advance. With this in mind, the following is a calendar of some of the more important details to attend to.-
12 MONTHS OR MORE
* Choose date, place, time and style of wedding and reception.
* Clarify who is paying for what.
* Work out a fair estimate of guest numbers.
* Make appointments to see the religious or independent marriage
celebrant and book the church or other venue for ceremony.
* Get estimates for reception from function managers or caterers and
make a firm booking as soon as possible.
* Choose style of wedding cars and book them.
* Discuss and order wedding cake.
* Choose and book photographer and videographer.
* Choose attendants and begin planning gowns.
* Decide on honeymoon and make reservations if applicable.
* Send a ``save-this-date'' note to overseas guests
* Choose florist.
* Arrange visas and travel documents if applicable.
* Choose wedding rings.
TEN TO EIGHT WEEKS
* Finish guest list and order wedding invitations.
* Organise a list of wedding presents.
* If going overseas for honeymoon, organise passport in married name.
* Finalise guest list and send invitations.
* Apply at district court for a marriage licence.
* Choose presents for attendants.
* Record gifts received and write thankyou letters.
* Check that bridegroom and best man have arranged their wedding attire.
* Arrange seating details at reception.
* Visit hairdresser with headdress to discuss wedding-day style.
* Wear-in wedding shoes
* Arrange date of wedding rehearsal at church.
* Confirm numbers to caterer.
* Make final check with photographer and florist.
* Prepare speeches.
* Get honeymoon clothes organised.
* Have going-away car serviced.
UP TO ONE WEEK
* Wrap gifts for attendants.
* Pack for honeymoon and check all final arrangements for this.
* Have wedding rehearsal.
* Check car if this is to be used on the honeymoon.
* Pack going-away clothes.
* Give attendants their presents.
* Have a good breakfast.
* Allow plenty of time to dress.
* Go well.