You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
Once the decisions are made as to where and when the wedding will be, and what form it will take, serious planning can begin, preferably with the help of parents and close friends.
It should be everybody's goal to see that all details are covered for the big day. Along the way, there will no doubt be disagreements. But with tolerance levels maintained and communication lines kept open, problems will be resolved.
A concept that the bride and groom feel comfortable with is what matters most, as it is their day, no matter who pays the bills!In Otago many celebrants, photographers and venues are booked well over a year in advance. With this in mind, the following is a calendar of some of the more important details to attend to.-
• Choose date, place, time and style of wedding and reception.
• Meet families to work out who will pay for what.
• Work out fair estimate of guest numbers.
• Make appointments to see the religious or independent marriage celebrant and book the church or alternative venue for ceremony.
• Choose style of wedding cars and book them.
• Discuss and order wedding cake.
• Choose and book photographer and videographer.
• Choose attendants and begin planning gowns.
• Decide on honeymoon and make reservations if applicable.
• Choose florist.
• Arrange visas and travel documents if applicable.
• Choose wedding rings.
TEN TO EIGHT WEEKS
• Finalise guest list and order wedding invitations.
• Organise a list of wedding presents.
• If going overseas for honeymoon, organise passport in married name.
• Apply at district court for a marriage licence.
• Finalise guest list and send invitations.
• Choose presents for attendants.
• Record gifts received and write thankyou letters.
• Check that bridegroom and best man have arranged their wedding attire.
• Arrange seating details at reception.
• Visit hairdresser with headdress to discuss wedding-day style.
• Wear-in wedding shoes
• Arrange date of wedding rehearsal at church.
• Confirm numbers to caterer.
• Make final check with photographer and florist.
• Prepare speeches.
• Get honeymoon clothes organised.
• Have going-away car serviced.
UP TO ONE WEEK
• Wrap gifts for attendants.
• Pack for honeymoon and check all final arrangements for this.
• Have wedding rehearsal.
• Check car if this is to be used on the honeymoon.
• Pack going-away clothes.
• Give attendants their presents.
• Have a manicure, a long, relaxing bath if possible and an early night.
• Have a good breakfast.
• Allow plenty of time to dress.
• All is in place so enjoy every minute!