You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
Public Health South is holding a FREE measles vaccination clinic in Dunedin, for young people aged 15 to 30 years who haven’t already been fully immunised for measles.
Wednesday 24 February, 1-4pm, Second floor - Public Health South Offices, Main Building, Wakari Hospital .
- Bookings are preferred but people can also drop in.
- To make a booking call (03) 476-9875.
- There is plenty of parking available on-site.
Public Health South has asked the communities of Waikouaiti, Karitane and Hawksbury to not drink the tap water, as a precaution following some intermittent spikes of lead detected in the water supply.
As we seek to understand this better, we are analysing blood tests from residents in these communities as we work to understand whether there may have been exposure to lead from the water supply. We will share these results in the next few weeks.
For more information, please visit www.dcc.govt.nz or www.southernhealth/.nz/lead-alert
UNITE AGAINST COVID-19
This week’s changes to Alert Levels in Auckland and across New Zealand act as a timely reminder to remain vigilant and follow the measures put in place to stop the spread of COVID-19.
- If you’re sick, stay home. Do not go to work or school. Do not socialise.
- If you have cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms, call your doctor or Healthline and get advice about being tested. Tests are free.
- If you have been told to self-isolate you legally must do so immediately.
- It’s important that you use basic hygiene measures, including washing your hands, coughing or sneezing into your elbow and cleaning surfaces regularly.
- You should keep track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen. Use the NZ COVID Tracer app if you can, as this helps with rapid contact tracing if it’s required.
Check out these other Better Health South Stories:
Better Health South - Board Update February 2021
Survival skills in challenging times
Lakes District Hospital patients benefit from generous donation
Reminder to get your FREE measles vaccination
New operating theatre opens in Queen Mary Maternity Unit