Burnout sparks fire on John Wilson Dr

Firefighters extinguish a grass fire believed started by sparks caused by a car doing a burnout...
Firefighters extinguish a grass fire believed started by sparks caused by a car doing a burnout on John Wilson Ocean Dr in Dunedin yesterday. Photo Craig Baxter

Firefighters extinguished a small grass fire on John Wilson Ocean Dr in Dunedin yesterday.

A Fire Service spokesman said it appeared the fire started from sparks and heat caused when a car did a ‘‘burnout'' while accelerating away from the site moments earlier.

The fire was in long, dry grass east of the St Kilda Surf Lifesaving Club.

Add a Comment

 

Advertisement

postanote_header_620_x_80.png

postanote_620_x_25.jpg