You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
A police spokeswoman said all search warrants were connected to an ongoing inquiry but no arrests had been made.
The first took place in Richmond St, Forbury, and was followed by a further two in North East Valley, in Felix St and Craigleith St.
It is understood the property in Craigleith St had been visited by police at least three times in the past two weeks.
In the first raid, in Richmond St, shortly after 7am, an Otago Daily Times reporter witnessed a sizeable police contingent, including armed officers and dogs.
Regarding the second incident, a spokesman said police executed the search warrant in Felix St about 9.45am.
The third incident, in Craigleith St, was also the exercise of a routine search warrant, a police spokeswoman said.
She said armed offenders squad members attended the addresses as a precaution.
No further information was available on the incidents.
Later yesterday, the spokeswoman said she could not say whether the second two incidents were connected to an attempted armed robbery in St Kilda on Monday. Senior Sergeant Craig Dinnissen earlier said the first raid was not connected to the robbery attempt.
In Monday’s incident, a knife-wielding man entered the 10 O’Clock Dairy, in Prince Albert Rd, but fled after a fog cannon was activated.
Police are still looking for the male involved and have appealed to the public for help in identifying him.
-Additionally reported by Daisy Hudson