When submissions relating to a proposal to classify Carisbrook and the Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute building in the Octagon as historic places closed yesterday at 4pm, none had been received from the Dunedin City Council.
The council was one of the groups which sought more time to make submissions to the New Zealand Historic Places Trust.
Originally, the submissions were to close on July 11.
Trust Otago-Southland manager Owen Graham said three submissions had been received on the proposal to categorise Carisbrook as a category 1 historic place (a historic place of outstanding significance).
One, from an individual, was for the proposal.
The other two, from the Otago Rugby Football Union and the Carisbrook Stadium Trust, were not in favour.
Mr Graham said he would release details of the submissions after the weekend because there could be more submissions in the mail.
No submissions were received by yesterday afternoon regarding the proposal to register the Athenaeum as category 1.
Both registration proposals have been criticised recently by some Dunedin citycouncillors using descriptions including "stupid", "barmy" and "`ludicrous".
Mr Graham said the proposals could go before the Historic Places Trust board in September or October.
Once he had seen the submissions, he would need to see whether he needed to meet any of the submitters to discuss points raised, and if there were any changes to be made to matters of fact in the reports.
Any amendments needed would be made before the submissions went to the board.