You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
Demolition experts will be moving on to the next building in the way of the new Dunedin Hospital in the next few weeks.
Demolition contractors Ceres NZ Ltd began demolition of the former Cadbury warehouse building on May 7, and project engineer Swaroop Gowda expected the work to be completed at the end of this week.
He said contractors would then begin asbestos removal and demolition work on the Wilson’s car park block, between St Andrew and Hanover Sts, early next month, once services had been disconnected.
Mr Gowda said the contractors had already started stripping out the inside of the remaining Cadbury factory buildings, and a resource consent was being prepared for permission to demolish the building.
It was not yet clear when that part of the demolition would be completed.