More from Canterbury visit museum

More people from Canterbury have been visiting the Otago Museum since the February 22 earthquake in Christchurch, museum organisers say.

In a recent report to the Otago Museum Trust Board, museum chief executive Shimrath Paul said there had been "many new Cantabrian visitors" and museum tour numbers had also remained high as cruise ship groups were hosted.

Museum staff were very pleased with the "positive feedback" received from the Canterbury visitors about the museum's "welcoming environment".

Some special arrangements had been made to meet the Cantabrians' needs.

The museum's "gallery trails", developed every school holidays and sometimes for other special events, were steadily becoming more popular, he said.

 

Add a Comment

 

drivesouth-pow-classic-2.png

Our journalists are your neighbours

We are the South's eyes and ears in crucial council meetings, at court hearings, on the sidelines of sporting events and on the frontline of breaking news.

As our region faces uncharted waters in the wake of a global pandemic, Otago Daily Times continues to bring you local stories that matter.

We employ local journalists and photographers to tell your stories, as other outlets cut local coverage in favour of stories told out of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.

You can help us continue to bring you local news you can trust by becoming a supporter.

Become a Supporter