Refunds for Monster Slide

People holding tickets for the cancelled Monster Slide event in Dunedin will be issued full refunds, the ticketing agency says.

The company behind the troubled event pulled the plug on the Dunedin event, which was to be held at the Oval on Sunday, citing low sales.

Last month, Monster Slide chief executive Jamie Templeton, of Wellington, told the Otago Daily Times between 1000 and 2000 tickets had been sold for the Dunedin event.

A spokeswoman for Dash Tickets confirmed ticket-holders would be issued full refunds, which would appear in customers' accounts within 10 working days.

The company was also offering refunds for customers affected by problems with the Christchurch and Nelson events.

They were dogged by complaints of long lines and people queue-jumping, and a Christchurch man suffered back injuries.

The next Monster Slide is scheduled for Auckland on February 22.

Add a Comment

 

drivesouth-pow-generic-1.png

Our journalists are your neighbours

We are the South's eyes and ears in crucial council meetings, at court hearings, on the sidelines of sporting events and on the frontline of breaking news.

As our region faces uncharted waters in the wake of a global pandemic, Otago Daily Times continues to bring you local stories that matter.

We employ local journalists and photographers to tell your stories, as other outlets cut local coverage in favour of stories told out of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.

You can help us continue to bring you local news you can trust by becoming a supporter.

Become a Supporter