You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
The 10 key things you need to know out of today's Budget announcement.
• A $790 million child hardship package which includes a $25 increase in core benefits for beneficiaries with children; minor adjustments up and down in Working for Families payments depending on income.
• Increased obligations on beneficiaries regarding finding part-time work.
• Budget deficit of $684 million this financial year, turning into a $176 million surplus in 2015/16.
• Economic growth to average nearly 3 percent over the next four years.
• Unemployment expected to fall below 5 percent next ear.
• The prospect of "modest" tax cuts in 2017 - election year.
• A $52 million "contingency fund" to speed the building of houses on crown-owned land in Auckland.
• The wiping of the $1000 kick-start contribution on signing up to Kiwisaver.
• A new "border clearance levy" for arriving and departing passengers of $16 and $6 respectively.
• A $20 million increase in the budgets of both the Security Intelligence Service and the Government Communications Security Bureau.