You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
Responding to inquiries by the Otago Daily Times, Mr Wright said in an email yesterday those rumours were "absolutely incorrect".
"The project is still in a hiatus mode as we are working to complete our financing for the project," he said.
In February, the film's then-publicist, Ernie Malik, said Kingdom Come was still on, despite experiencing financial and distribution problems.
At that time, he said film-maker South Vineyard planned to begin filming in April, about two months later than originally planned.
Sets have been constructed at Falstone, which includes a replica Sea of Galilee fishing village and harbour, and Elephant Rocks, near Duntroon.
South Vineyard has resource consent from the Waitaki District Council to build more than 100 facades on the Falstone set and a fishing harbour, plus filming consent.
That consent was granted on August 12 last year. One of the conditions was that all structures associated with the activity should be removed no later than 12 months from the issue of the consent. No application has yet been received by the council to extend the consent.