Dead Balclutha woman recent NZ citizen

Lusi Aleni-Faamoe Ione
Lusi Aleni-Faamoe Ione
Less than two weeks after being made a New Zealand citizen, Lusi Aleni-Faamoe Ioane died in her Balclutha home.

Lusi Aleni-Faamoe Ioane was yesterday named as the Balclutha woman who died on Monday in what police earlier this week described as a domestic incident.

Mrs Faamoe Ioane cried as she made her oath of allegiance - under the name Lusi Aleni - when she and three other family members became citizens at a ceremony on September 22.

She told the Otago Daily Times at the ceremony she was happy and relieved to become a New Zealand citizen.

Clutha Mayor Bryan Cadogan yesterday described the incident as a tragedy, and said his thoughts were with the family.

Mrs Faamoe Ioane (41) was found dead at an Essex St house on Monday morning.

Detective Sergeant Chris Henderson said it was hoped the scene examination would be completed today.

Police declined to comment on the circumstances around Mrs Faamoe Ioane's death or the findings from yesterday's post-mortem.

• A 49-year-old man charged with assault in relation to her death appeared in the Dunedin District Court on Tuesday. He was granted interim name suppression and remanded until October 18.

 

 

Add a Comment