Southern Weight Loss & Laparoscopy is the Dunedin based surgical practice of Mr Mark Grant and we cover Otago and Southland.
Currently Mark is the only Upper Gastrointestinal and Bariatric surgeon appointed at Southern DHB. His clinical interests include:
- Laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery for the treatment of obesity and its related medical conditions
- Laparoscopic treatment of abdominal wall hernias, and gallstone disease
- The management of oesophageal and gastric cancers
- The investigation and management of benign conditions such as gastro-oesophageal reflux disease and Achalasia
At Southern Weight Loss & Laparoscopy we work closely with Helen Gibbs, who is a talented dietician, to help empower you on your journey to better health and achieve your weight loss goals.
Bariatric or weight loss surgery has been shown to be the most effective treatment for obesity and its related medical conditions including:
• Type 2 Diabetes
• High blood pressure
• High cholesterol
• Obstructive sleep apnoea
• Obesity related Infertility
At Southern Weight Loss & Laparoscopy our Goal
"Is to improve the understanding and acceptance of the role that surgery plays in the treatment of obesity and its associated medical conditions. While at the same time helping people achieve their goal of a healthier and fuller life."
Mark is pleased to have started consulting at Suite 6, Marinoto Clinic, and operating at Mercy Hospital.
Please get in touch to sign up for our online Seminars.
Southern Weight Loss & Laparoscopy
03 464 0970
Connect with us on Facebook: SouthernWeightLossNZ