You are not permitted to download, save or email this image. Visit image gallery to purchase the image.
Vote Rachel Elder No 1 for Mayor and Council
“I love getting a better deal for individuals, families and communities”
Judge a person not by their words for they are easy, but by their actions.
So what have I done?
Supported South Dunedin’s voice to be heard at Council:
- One-way valves in Surrey Street to stop sewerage rain events
- Supporting diversion of waste water from Kaikorai
- South Dunedin Library and Hub
- Place based workers
- Art in Lorne Street
- Member of the South Dunedin Business Association, Greater South Dunedin Action Group, Assist with Street Festival and am Chair of the Southern Urban Response Group for civil emergencies.
Creating more jobs:
- Raised $2 million through “Own the Factory Campaign”
- Kaffelogic – Supporting and championing in the start up phase and beyond. $70,000
- More funding for business Start-up’s
Progressing the development of our tracks and trails:
- Got permissions for road widening beside Logan Park High School enabling better access to Signal Hill.
- Got funding for Signal Hill toilets.
- Got support through annual plan for more funding for tracks and trails
- New funding allocated for track development – increasing maintenance budget by $180,000 (55% ) to $385,000 and $50,000 a year invested in new tracks
Only 5% of what I do is in council meetings – I have literally invested in and committed to doing whatever it takes to make Dunedin a better place for all its people and am great at networking and bringing people together to make things happen.
Empowerment is what I do!!!