The hearing panel's decision to grant Port Otago consent to dredge Otago Harbour and dispose of the soil at sea and extend the multipurpose wharf was released on June 17.
Those who submitted on the project have 15 working days to appeal the decision to the Environment Court.
Of the 200 submissions, 75% opposed the project.
Port Chalmers Fishing co-operative member Steve Little said the co-operative was considering an appeal as it felt the decision did not adequately address the issue of the "small guys" who trawled the disposal site or the need for monitoring of silt movement north of the dump site.
The co-operative's executive would meet next week to decide what step it would take.
"Fishermen are thinking on a long-term basis - the legacy we're leaving future entrants to the fishery."
Careys Bay Association was holding a public meeting tomorrow so residents could voice their thoughts on the decision and whether the association should appeal.
The decision stated the hearing panel had no jurisdiction over operational noise coming from an extended multipurpose wharf, only over the noise from the construction works.
Operational noise issues were the responsibility of the Dunedin City Council.
Association vice-president Jo Taylor said the association had already written to the city council regarding the issue, as it did not believe the noise processes were adequate.
"We're absolutely gutted the consent has been granted without any restrictions."
Kati Huirapa ki Puketeraki, of Karitane, was seeing professional legal opinion on the report, and Otakou Runanga, on Otago Peninsula, was considering the issue.